Cluster/ Units 911 through 919 and Cluster/ Units 901 through 909:
Monday, Feb 11, 2013: All sliding windows will receive waterproofing improvements from both the exterior and interior. For caulking to be applied to the interior of the windows, the workers need access into your homes. We cannot promise individual appointments, so please ensure access is available into your homes for the duration of the day. If you cannot be home, please leave a key, or let us know what arrangements you will make. An inability to enter your home to perform work can have negative cost impacts for the project, and the Association as a whole. To help you plan, the workers will start in the morning at Unit 911 and move through the cluster counter-clockwise; when done with that cluster, they will move on to Unit 901, and move through that cluster counter-clockwise.
Cluster/ Units 901-909:
Please leave your courtyard doors unlocked every day until further notice. No access will be required into your homes at this time.
- Demolition will begin at the courtyards. This includes removal of approx 18″ of tile around the perimeter of the courtyard.
- Please clear your courtyards. Let us know if you need assistance moving large or heavy items.
- This work will be noisy and dusty. We recommend you leave your windows & doors closed.
- After the demolition has been performed, scaffolding will be erected in the courtyards in anticipation of further roof work and plaster demolition and patching.
NOTE: Caution tape & safety cones will be placed in front of and in your courtyard clearly indicating when it is not safe to enter. This will be limited to actual demolition times. Please make arrangements to enter & exit your home through the garage or the patios during those times.
Cluster/ Units 911 through 919. Looking forward, (weather permitting), upcoming activities will include:
- 911 through 914: Demolition will continue so that installation of the new doors and windows can begin when they arrive. They are expected shortly.
- 915 to 919: Demolition will begin at the courtyard door & window areas, once the doors & windows have gone in at the other units.
- Demolition in the rear patios of concrete slabs/tile adjacent to doors to be replaced.
- The first coat of the Sto stucco waterproofing product will start to be installed at this cluster where possible.
We encourage homeowners in this group to also consider attending the cluster meeting noted below so we can discuss this next stage.
Cluster/ Units 921 through 928. The Project will resume next week at your cluster with trellis demolition & repairs at the carports, 2nd story decks and patios.
- Let us know if you need assistance moving large or heavy items. The contractors may be available to assist at no direct cost to you – although the overall project will bear the costs. They will request that you sign a waiver.
- Please do not park in your carports until further notice. These trellises will be repaired (and repainted later in the project). Please don’t forget & leave your car in the carport as it will result in increased project delays and costs.
- Patio trellises will also be repaired (and repainted later in the project). Please clear the patio work areas of any personal items.
- All trellises on the 2nd story decks will be removed.
As the main project has now begun for your homes, we would like to invite homeowners to a cluster meeting where Stonemark’s Bob Landegger and Jacklyn Wolf will be available to meet you and answer questions. The meeting for Cluster/ Units 921 to 928:
Tuesday, February 12 at 5:30 pm
at the home of Gail & Steve Humphreys (902)
Please note that construction activities start every morning at 7:30am. As always, please remember that the Project Schedule provided is subject to change. Construction is a fluid process, especially when it is organized in an assembly-line process to be cost-efficient for the Association. The nature of an assembly-line is to keep the project moving- wherever it requires it. This means the contractors may or may not actually be working at your home on the days scheduled, or may appear only briefly. In the event of a rain day, assume scheduled events will be pushed back to the following non-rain day.