Here is the list for expected construction activities for next week. If your home is not specifically on this list, expect work to be ongoing with tasks already begun.
Monday, April 1st: Roof Drain Testing is scheduled for the new roof drains for the following units:
Access Required: Units 901, 902, 903, 904 & 905: Morning, 7:30 to 11:30.
Units 906, 907, 908 & 909: Late morning to mid-afternoon: 11:30 to 3:00.
The roofers are following tight procedures when testing the roof drains. They fill the drains from the roof and let the water sit for an hour to confirm they do not leak before the roof work is completed. There will be a worker inside the home at all times during the testing to ensure a quick response if there is any indication there may be a leak.
Please respond to this e-mail confirming you have received it and that you will provide access at the time scheduled for your unit. Include your unit # pls.
Monday April 1st:
Cluster/ Units 901 through 905: Exterior demolition process will begin at the downstairs door & windows.
- Access will be needed to install the plastic and plywood framed “box” on the interior of the door/ window units in the courtyard. This box effectively closes off the openings to your home, and enables work to be performed each day from the exterior. We understand it will be dark but the high windows above the living room will still be open. Be patient – try to focus on the end result!
- The study door to the patio and the garage door will be left open for access.
- The old doors will be removed. Two applications of Tufflex coating will be applied with flashing between and on top, before the new units are installed. Some homeowners have reported that they are sensitive to the Tufflex odor: if you think you may be, you may want to make arrangements to stay elsewhere for the night.
- The wood coverings will be removed and plastic will be wrapped around the new units instead.
- You will not be able to open or use the new units, or remove the plastic; however, until the final stucco waterproofing coat has been applied. This entire process could take several weeks, although you can expect the box enclosures are expected to be up for two weeks or less.
Tuesday April 2 & ongoing:
Units 915 & 916: Access will be required to install the new doors & windows. After installation, the plywood coverings will be removed and plastic will be installed at the exterior as required. The plastic will remain until the finish plaster coast has been completed.
Units 922, 923, 924 & 925: No new work is planned beyond ongoing plaster patching at the decks.
Cluster/ Units 931 through 938: The roofing crew has moved ahead and is currently working on the towers sections only.
** If you have not already removed all your personal items from the courtyards & patios, please do so immediately. If any belongings still remain, and you are not present to direct where they should go, the contractors will move them out to the adjacent public area. Neither the Association nor the contractors will be responsible for the items, and the Association will be automatically billed for the contractors’ labor, negatively affecting the budget.
Don’t hesitate to call Bob or me with any questions.
Our Best Wishes for a Good Holiday Weekend!