Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:55 PM -0700
From: gail humphreys <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [WCP Alert] Quick Response Requested
We have an important “maybe” situation.
Maybe we have the wrong color for one set of buildings. Maybe it is
possible to do better. Maybe we can make the change without a significant
cost to the project. Please read and respond.
In the 910’s, 930’s, 950’s (?) and 970’s, we have buildings that have a
gold-orange color. (The complementary contrast color is in the beige
family.) Members of the board and the aesthetic committee, working
together, chose a color that we thought matched the existing gold-orange.
The color is called “ochre.” As it has gone on some units in the 910’s,
it has a distinctly more gold look than we expected. You can see the
color on the chimneys of 911-914.
It may be possible to change this color if we decide as a community that
we do not like it. The color would be changed to match the terra cotta
color of 917/918. We need to decide immediately as they are already
painting in the 910s. (We like very much the beige color we chose for
Here’s the plan:
Change the color from the new “ochre” to the 917/918 terra cotta only if:
- most in the affected clusters prefer the 917/918 terra cotta.
- a substantial number of all of our homeowners prefer the 917/918 terra cotta
- the change will not delay the project
- the change will not take a noticeable bite out of the contingency funds
Please take a look at what is going on in the 910s. Let’s leave this
decision to those who really care about it. So, if you are indifferent on
the matter, please do not reply. If you prefer the new “ochre,” (seen on
the 911-914 chimneys) please let me know. If you prefer the 917/918 terra
cotta, please let me know. Input from the clusters affected will be
weighed more than input from others in our community, but all input will
be valued. Simply say: Prefer ochre or Prefer Terra Cotta.
Please note: Opening this matter is a real risk. We could end up
preferring something that is not feasible. I’ve decided to take the
chance. Bear with us on this. The outcome we seek: happy homeowners.
Please respond by Thursday, April 4 at noon. Sorry for the quick
turnaround. I am sure you understand why it is necessary.