Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 11am, Construction Trailer
Harold, Dorothy and Bob met at 11:10am, to 11:50.
Weep screeds. Harold still hasn’t gone out to take photos.
Schedule update. SM sent tentative schedule to all contractors last Friday, is waiting for responses and buy-in. Schedule was developed with the assistance of Underwood, with SM input.
910s: Final trim piece is being installed on a test unit. If acceptable, final completion this week. Construction dust still needs to be removed from back patios, but wait another week before putting items back in patios Ditto for things being hoisted up to upper deck. Bob has done several punch lists for the first pod. He does his own completion list (with owner input if possible) before he does a punch list with the owners, to preempt some problems. Be patient just a little bit longer…
900s: exterior plastering is ongoing, esp. color coating, through 906 should be done this week. By end of next week whole cluster may be done, with final roofing after plaster work is completed.
920s: all rear doors/windows are in, “boxing” of entry courtyards now in progress.
930s: First pod deck surfacing in progress today, demo of second pod decks started today as well (2nd week, 4th day of construction). Perhaps in 2 weeks (June 10?) boarding up of back w/d may begin.
Storage Containers: Placement of those used by residents is determined as work commences. The one in the 910s will come down very soon. Contractors’ dumpsters are sized and placed as needed.
Landscaping replacement: Redesign committee is talking with Plowboy about it, but still holding off on action.
Exterior light fixtures: Some electrical problems in the 910s are still being resolved. Cluster number panels still have to be mounted.
Door Threshold detail: If metal clips can be used, they will, otherwise (unevenness or gap to existing wood flooring) a gray-stained wood shoe is being used on inswing and fixed doors.
Door detail: some jamb plates still need to be installed.
Roof drain testing: didn’t happen, needs to be rescheduled for the 910s.
Next meeting: 6/10 won’t work, so tentatively for Wednesday June 11, 2013, 11am, to be confirmed.